1. HOW ARE BOOKINGS CONFIRMED?
Bookings are confirmed via email. You will receive an email following payment on our website. It will include all the relevant details of your booking.
2. WHAT IF BAD WEATHER IS FORECAST FOR THE DAY OF OUR TOUR?
If the day of your tour arrives and the weather does not permit travel to your chosen location, we will always have a Plan B. Please note that time changes could occur is if there is a perceived danger or if there are road closures. Rain or the likes will not hinder any plans, and may even add to the experience. We will contact you in the event of any major change of plans.
3. WHAT SHOULD I WEAR AND WHAT SHOULD I BRING ALONG?
- A comfortable pair of shoes
- A warm and or waterproof jacket
- A soft day bag with any personal items you may require, ie sunscreen sunglasses, camera, water bottle, medication.
- For multi day tours, please bring any personal items you require for overnight stays.
- Please note that space is limited so please keep it to the essentials.
- A smile and a sense of adventure!
3. I AM HAVING A PAYMENT OR BOOKING ISSUE
If you experience any issues with payment or bookings, please do not hesitate to contact us via email or on any of our contact numbers. We can then assist you in any way to make the process easier.
4. WHAT IS THE BENEFIT OF A CUSTOM TOUR?
We highly recommend booking a custom tour, as we can build a trip that is tailor made to meet your needs and expectations with regards to duration, location, accommodation, catering etc.
5. WHAT KIND OF FOOD CAN I EXPECT?
At 4x4 Adventures your experience is key and the food you enjoy is a big part of this. You can expect delicious home-style cooking, home baking and (where possible) food made from scratch with local seasonal ingredients. We LOVE good food.
6. I HAVE FOOD ALLERGIES. CAN YOU CATER FOR THIS?
Don’t let any food allergies or sensitivities put you off coming on tour with us as we tailor make our menu to meet your requirements. Once your booking is placed, we start building the adventure and will ask for details on any dietary requirements you may have.
7. CAN I BRING CHILDREN ON THESE TOURS?
Our tours are not recommended for children under 5 years of age, as they are full day tours and this can be very taxing on small children. However, we have flexible options and could offer a custom half day tour to accommodate your family if required. Please get in contact.
8. ARE THESE TOURS DANGEROUS?
There is an element of risk in any outdoor adventure however your safety and enjoyment are of utmost importance to us. Everything we do is carried out under Health & Safety Guidelines. Our team are highly experienced and licensed to drive our 4x4 vehicles off road. Our vehicles are equipped with safety equipment, First Aid Kits, EPIRB, and 4WD recovery gear, should these items be required.
8. WHAT IS THE ACCOMMODATION LIKE FOR OVERNIGHT TOURS?
We have a range of accommodation options available for each tour. There are camping options, simple back country huts with a hot tub and bunk room, Farm Stay cottages, Lodges, Hotels, Motels, Resorts. The tour package includes a standard accommodation option but you can upgrade to more luxurious accommodation if you wish. Please mention your preference when you book.